Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Love Who You Are Experience, Day #8

Day Eight 

Your almost half way! Keep it up girl!


Yesterday I challenged you to stretch and move your body. How did that feel? Was it easy? Was it hard? Did you enjoy the experience?

Body Image

Today you are going to learn about the importance of having positive thoughts about your body. You are going to learn a technique that will heal the relationships that you have with yourself and those "trouble" areas. Through this experience I hope that you will learn to accept yourself for who you are and begin the process of loving your outward appearance and physical being.

I am sharing this information with you today because I have always struggled with my body image and self confidence. This exercise that I am going to share with you is both healing and POWERFUL. I hope that you will dive right in and give it your all because this opportunity is LIVE CHANGING! My results have been incredible. I know that this is something that we as women need to do.

Sisters and friends, it is so important that you love who you are, loving who you are is both internal and external. Depending on where you are struggling, we will heal both.

Why is this important? Simply, because YOU are important. Remember my story about getting dressed up and going to the grocery store? The way that I felt about myself effected the way that others saw me.


By: Regina Franklin
The mind is a powerful thing. The way that we feel about ourselves directly effects the way that we treat others, interact with them, and love them. It can also shape the way our daughters and friends feel about themselves.


In order to fully love and forgive others, we must love and forgive ourselves.


I am very passionate about this subject. As I have come to learn more about forgiveness and My Savior, Jesus Christ, I have come to understand just how critical this is for each of us to master.

I taught the youth a lesson a month or so ago about the importance of forgiving. In order for us to be forgiven we must forgive, we know this, but what we often forget is that we must also forgive ourselves. Forgiving ourselves is often the most difficult thing to do. 

When we fail to forgive ourselves, we are literally putting ourselves in jail. We confine, punish, and hurt ourselves when we do this. It simply is not fair. How can we forgive everyone around us, but not offer ourselves the same pardon? 

It is time to forgive ourselves. 

Friends, please show mercy to yourself. You are not perfect. You make mistakes. I forgive you. Forgive yourself.

How do you apply this in your life? How do you learn to forgive yourself? You practice.

My Letters to My Body

After a day of stretching and moving your body, some thoughts and feelings may have come up. I want you to begin thinking about your body. 
  • How do you feel about the body that you have?
  • Do you like the body that you have? 
  • Are there parts of your body that you struggle with?
Think about this for a moment.

Make a mental note, or jot down a list of those areas, either body parts, systems, functions, diseases, conditions, etc.

These are the areas in your life that need to be healed. They are hurting. Begin by writing a letter:

Dear ____________, (Area that you would like to express yourself to)

Dear Body, I love you.
  1. Now is the time to express every emotion that you have. Hurt, fear, disappointment, anger, resentment, sadness, hate, jealousy, frustration, etc. Get it all out there. Dump just like we did on Day One.
  2. Acknowledge the function and purpose of this part of the body. Express gratitude to your body for it. Say, "Thank You."
  3. Finally, Apologize for feeling the way that you do AND ask the body area to forgive you.
Love/Sincerely__________ (Your Name)

This is a very personal, and emotional exercise. It is normal to stir up hidden feelings. It is normal to discover new things about yourself. 

There is so much growth and healing available to you as long as you don't over think it. Do not let fear or embarrassment get in your way. No one is going to read it. No one even has to know that you are writing a letter to yourself. Its personal and it is powerful! You can do it! 

Take advantage of this opportunity and watch it make a difference in your life.

Good Luck!

1 comment:

KLEOS5 said...

Completing this exercise once again has really showed me the areas that I have been able to heal and the areas that still need more time.For example, A couple of my "body parts" were in need of another letter. I thought, maybe this doesn't work as well as I thought it did. Then I thought about the other areas in my life that I wrote letters to last time. I have forgiven them. I have more love and more understanding toward them. This is evidence that I am growing and making progress. I will continue to write letters until I love every single part of myself!