Friday, April 3, 2015

Cute and Comfy Reusables



I finished up a second batch of washable pantyliners. I love that they are super soft and cute.

More and more I'm becoming open to the idea of cloth diapering, I'm not quite there yet... I'm just saying I'm open to the idea.

Cloth pantyliners on the other hand are awesome.

I love the huge amount of options I have for fabric, designs, and colors. I love that once they are made you will never have to buy a box of pantyliners again! This is just one more thing I do to be more frugal.

Reusables are also green, reducing garbage, plastic and paper usage and landfill space.

However, my ultimate goal was to reduce my toxic load of bleach, fragrances and other unnecessary things that are harmful in feminine care produces. This is level 1.

If you want to take it to the next level, I suggest organic cotton fabric and something with natural dyes. It did not occur to me that my skin would likely be absorbing any colors or chemicals from the fabric I chose. Little steps though, remember little steps. 

Speaking of reducing your toxic load. Did you know (or realize) tampons are bleached, sometimes scented, and handled in factories just like most everything else, they actually are not sterile. Gasp! This is why I ditched tampons and made the switch to a menstrual cup! I will never go back.

Curious about why women choose menstrual cups? To learn more about menstrual cups, check out this post.

No comments: