Thursday, April 21, 2011

Double Coupon Day at Ridley's Market!

For those of you who don't know.. the majority of stores outside of Utah will double coupons. Double coupon days are when the face value of a coupon under a dollar will double up to a dollar.

For example: 25 cents off = 50 cents off

35 = 70 cents off

40 = 80 cents off

50 cents = $1.00 off!

And 75 will equal $1.00, because that is the cap..

If you "like" Ridley's Family Market on Facebook they will post when there double coupon days are.
Orem Ridley's consistently has Double Coupon Tuesday.

Some surrounding Walmarts will "Match" this on Tuesday. But if you live in Davis or Weber County they don't make it easy for you.

And of course, Walmart is as raunchy as they can possibly be about this. You'll have to double check that the Walmart will match and then probably get a customer service manager to help your cashier out.

Freebies2deals.com is my FAVORITE website now days! She suggests printing off the NEW coupon policy, and the Price Matching policy from their corporate website. Put them in your purse or coupon binder and then you can whip it out and show them THEIR rules! haha
(Double Couponing is done only at the Manager's discretion so this will not be on the Policy)

Make sure you are following the rules and stick to what you deserve!

Anyways, I saved $78.05 on my purchase at Ridley's. I drove to Tremonton on Thursday the 21st. Even though this is Idaho we are talking about, it is not a bad drive. Freeway the whole way only 35-40 minutes from my house.

We got there just after they opened. The Assistant Manager helped me get an Advantage card and confirmed that it was a double coupon day. I was practically the only shopper at the store. It really worked out for us because I could take my time looking at prices and deciding if they would be a good deal.

Downside, Ridley's is a small market and they don't carry everything. If it's not on sale it is way more than you would spend at Walmart. I found things doubled or tripled in price!

I had Kevin call Brigham City Walmart to see if they would match the doubling. No :( they won't. I currently have about a two inch stack of coupons I wanted to double yesterday.

Just look at the stuff I was able to get!


 These are my FOOD items:
2 bags of chips, 2 boxes of popcorn, 2 bottles of powerade zero, 4 small tubs of bestlife (very healthy) butter, 1 bottle of parkay squeezable butter, 1 box of whole grain rice, 2 packages of keebler ready crust, 4 cresent rolls packages, 2 cinnamon roll packages, 2 lbs of brown sugar, 2 boxes of quick cook pasta, 2 boxes of gushers, 1 box of fruit roll-ups, a box of fruit by the foot and a dozen eggs (not pictured)


 I got the following cleaning/personal care items: 2 laundry stain sticks, 1 bottle of hand soap, 2 clorox bleach bottles, 1 windex multi-surface spray, 2 skintimate shave gels, 1 johnsons baby wash, 1 mens body wash, 2 tubs of scotts natural flushable wipes, 1 dove deodrant, 2 glade carpet and room powder, 2 comet bleach powders, 2 colgate kids toothpaste,1 sunsations liquid soap, and 2 packages of halls cough drops.

If your interested in the deals I got read on.. otherwise go find something else to do!



Lays Potato Chips priced around $2-3 at Walmart.
On sale for $1.99 I had two .50 coupons which took $1 off each. 99 cents per bag!


Pillsbury Cinnamon rolls and Cresent rolls on sale 2 for $3 (1.50)
I had two .40 off two (.80 cents off two or .40 cents off 1) coupons and one .40 off two cinnamon rolls.
40 cents off each makes them $1.10 each.


Best life buttery spread was on a Manager's Special because they weren't selling it. (I guess farmers in Tremonton are not interested in paying extra for healthy butter) I looked at this at Walmart and I was not going to pay that price. So excited to find it was $1.50 on sale!

I had two 50 cent coupons (doubled to $1) and two 1.00 off coupons.
Making them 50 cents per tub!

Parkay butter on sale for $1.66, my 50 cent coupon took off $1. So 66 cents for sqeezeable butter.
Great for corn on the cob!


Powerade on sale for 68 cents!
Coupon Buy one Get one, 34 cents each!


Green Giant frozen veggies on sale $1.59.
Two 50 cent coupons, doubled.
59 cents each!


Act II popcorn, on sale for $1.66.
Two 50 cent coupons made them 66 cents a box!



On sale for $1.88, but Ridleys had an in store promotion. If you used your Advantage card (just like a rewards card at smiths) you got your first 4 boxes for 88 cents each.

I had coupons for 50 cents off two (doubled to $1 off two) so I paid 38 cents a box!!


On sale for $1.59, I paid 59 cents a box!
You can't get great value pasta for under a dollar!
And this is suppose to cook in 3 minutes :)


Skintimate shave gel on sale for $2.39, I paid $1.39 each.
Dove deodrant on sale for $2.75, I paid $1.75.

Colgate Kids toothpaste was on sale 2 for $5 (2.50 each)
Two 50 cent coupons made them $1.50 each.
These are 2 in 1 mouthwash and toothpaste? Weird.


C&H Brown Sugar on sale for $1.85, I paid 85 cents.
 I usually price match Western Family 2lbs for 99 cents at Walmart.
 Same amount, name brand, for cheaper!

Uncle Bens, Whole grain white rice on sale for $1.66.
I had 75 cents off, they doubled it to $1 and I paid 66 cents.


Keebler Ready Crust on sale for $1.99 it was over $2 at Walmart.
I had 50 cents off two, doubled to $1 off two.

I paid $1.49 each.


Suave Men's body wash on sale for$2.35. I paid $1.35.

Johnson's products were on sale for 2.99! Walmart sales them for 4-6 dollars!
50 cent coupon doubled to $1 only paid $1.99 for the bottle!!

Dial liquid soap on sale 4 for $5 (1.25) my 35 cent off coupon doubled to 70 cents off.
I paid 55 cents. Walmarts equate bottle sales for 98 cents.

Carefree pantyliners on sale for $1.39, I paid 39 cents for them.

Note: Walmart sales these for 97 cents. If you can get to a Walmart that doubles
you will make 3 cents off of each one you buy with a coupon.

But if you don't double it, 50 cents off 97 cents is still 47 cents.


Glade Carpet and Room powder on sale for $1.99. Paid 99 cents each.

Sunsations dish soap on sale for 77 cents. I price match this all the time for 88 cents!
Good deal without a coupon!

Comet with bleach on sale for $1.29. I usually buy AJAX for 98 cents at Walmart. I had two 25 cent off coupons (doubled to 50 cents off each.) I paid 79 cents each.

Windex multi-surface on sale for 2.95. My 55 cent coupon doubled to $1. I paid $1.95


Resolve Spray n Wash stain stick on sale for $2.69. Paid $1.69 each.

Tubs of Scott Natural flushable wipes on sale for $2.29. I paid $1.29 each.


I price matched this same size for $1.76 a couple months ago. It was on sale for $1.68.
I had two 25 cent coupons that doubled to 50 cents.
I paid 1.18 each!!


Halls cough drops were on sale for $1.99 I paid 99 cents each.
I'm sure you would get a better deal if you doubled at Walmart.

I bought a dozen eggs for 69 cents. Cheapest I've found!

My total savings was $78.05!
I saved $45.28 with coupons and $32.77 with the sales and the frequent shopper card.

Total I spent 53.51 on $131.56 in retail value.
And it was ALL name brand products!!

No comments: