Sunday, April 19, 2015

Chia Drink

Today I want to share with you a recipe to make your own chia drink. I've been eyeing those Mamma Chia drinks for months! I just could not bring myself to spend $3+ on a drink for myself. Now I don't have to. From what I've heard, the home-made version tastes better too! Problem solved!


Can I just say... this was SO GOOD! I did share a little with the hubby and children as we were driving to visit family. My little girl exclaimed.... "Oh this is SO YUMMY!!" We were shocked by her amazement, enthusiasm and the fact that she liked the texture of it.

Why Chia Seeds?


Chia seeds are said to be "among the most nutritious foods on the planet." They are loaded with fiber, which helps feed good gut bugs, protein, which helps control appetite, omega 3s, calcium, for strong bones, antioxidants, which may help with ageing and reducing cancer risks. They are also a low-carb friendly food, which may cause major improvements in Type 2 diabetes. As well as lower the risk for Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

Saturday night I ran to the store for a few groceries while Daddy Kevin put the kids to sleep. I cannot say enough about how much I love finding mark downs. 

We've also had our eye on POM Pomegranate juice for quite some time. The timing of this deal was perfect!

I bought these bottles of Blueberry Pomegranate juice.


On Pinterest I found and followed Mama Natural's recipe. Look for her link down below.

First warm up 1 cup of water. About 45 seconds in the microwave will do the trick. You could also use the stove.


Next, stir in 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. They will begin to gel almost immediately. Cover with plastic and then place them in your fridge for several hours. Overnight or all day is best. 


After your seeds have softened and become a gel mixture, measure out 1 cup of the juice of your choice. Carefully stir and mix the two, breaking up any chia clumps you may encounter. 


This recipe makes two servings. Though you may find you want to drink it all yourself. 
The flavor possibilities are endless!

No comments: