Thursday, May 21, 2015

Not My Baby Anymore

Landen has always called his older sister Kaylee, Tee-dee. We had to explain this to Kaylee, as she was confused and knew that Tee-dee was not her name. We all became accustomed to it, her cute little nickname.

This past weekend Landen has been calling his sister, Kay-wee or Tay-wee or Tay-lee.
I have been working on this here and there over the past couple of months, but something happened this weekend that made it stick.

EVERY time he talks to his sister it surprises me. I think, "Did he just say her name?" EVERY time.
Why is it such a surprise?  EVERY time? This little boy is growing up. How did it happen so fast?

After the initial shock, I feel sad, I feel down. I may never hear him say Tee-dee again!

Hearing him say Kay-wee is just about the cutest thing ever... but I still feel like holding onto that little toddler who tried so hard to communicate with his sister. Now they are becoming close friends and talking back and forth to each other. Although they fight... I know they care very deeply for one another. I love seeing their friendship grow!

Remember when they were this little??


Valentine's Day - Less than two weeks before Landen was born.
Meeting Landen for the first time.


Being a great BIG sister 

Landen's Blessing Day
Landen's 1st Camping Trip


Brigham City Temple Open House
Family Pictures 2014

No comments: