Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Love Who You Are Experience, Day #16

Day Sixteen

We use affirmations during pregnancy and birth to fill the mind with positive thoughts and strength.

Affirmations or Declarations are capable of doing the same thing. The unique thing about declarations is that they belong to you. You get to choose what they are and what message they send.

What are declarations?

Declarations are a statement or series of statements that you read and say aloud to yourself. If you see it and read it, you will become it! Don't believe me? Put it to the test. I dare you!

The really cool and exciting thing about this is that it is so simple!! Small and simple things have the power and ability to become large and great things.


Do you want to be positive? Or negative?

We could say that it is actually a lot easier said then done. Which is ironically true. Strengthening the mind is hard. In fact, the greatest battle that you will ever face, is the battle between you and yourself. It takes time, a lot of time.  It is a continuous journey.There will be attacks. You will need to fight back. I see it in my life all the time! When I fall back and let those negative thoughts take over... I feel awful. I get depressed and I get stressed. I lose hope and I lose faith. - And that is a tough place to be in.

How strong do I want my mind to be?


I have my theories, thoughts, emotions, plans, and my own way of doing things. I know, without a doubt, that the ones who have a weak mind will be tossed about. Those who cannot make decisions, those who follow crowds, those who are too tired or too lazy to seek their own answers, they will be tossed around like a small boat in the ocean, during a storm. They may be content floating through life, but as soon as the storm arrives, it will be too late. Sometimes the truth may be hard to hear.

I will not have a weak mind.

My family will not be tossed about.

I will not be one of them! Will you?


How can I strengthen my mind and become a more positive, patient, happy, hopeful, optimistic, friendly. loving, wealthy, productive, prepared, and  peaceful person?

Declarations. Declarations train the mind. They create change from the inside out. When you change the way you think and believe... NEW things happen. This is my favorite part! I've had a couple of recent occasions where I have called my husband up on the phone, excited, shaking, nervous, and telling him: "I don't know what is going to happen!" "I am so excited!" "I have never done this before!"

Because when I do what I have always done. I will get what I have always gotten. If you want a different result, if you want a different outcome... you have to do something different.

I change, I adapt, I forgive myself along the way... and guess what?? I get a different result and I LOVE IT!

I have noticed a HUGE difference in my life because I utilize this tool. I use declarations. I feed my mind positive things.

What are you feeding your mind?




Now you may be wondering... How do I get started? What do I do next?

How do I create my own set of declarations?

You can search online for affirmations. Keep the ones that stick out to you. Write them down or type them up. You are looking for affirmations that will change your thinking. Words that will strengthen you, words that will help you with the struggles that you face, uniquely and individually.

I suggest, you start from scratch.

What do you need to hear?
What are you struggling with?
What do you want to believe?

Remember day one when we did that detox? Each of those negative thoughts can be switched around into a positive statement.

For example,

"I am not good enough."

Switch it to a positive AND add in another bonus!

I am good enough AND I am beautiful!

Guess what will happen if everyday you tell yourself that you ARE GOOD ENOUGH and you ARE BEAUTIFUL?? 

You will believe it!! 

One of these days I will go more in depth of this technique and teach you how to create very meaningful declarations to combat those strong negative thoughts. Today I want to keep it simple.

Option #1

Create a set of declarations. 1-5 sentences. Read them every morning. For more fun, read them with powerful, life changing music in the background. 

You are more awesome than you think. You just don't know it yet!


Why do I know this? Because I have lived it! Negative thoughts became normal and common conversations inside my head. It was extremely hard at first to recognize them. I just "knew" that these voices inside of my head were true. The problem was... they were not true! What the heck was I thinking??! 

I wasted too much time listening to these voices, all they wanted to do was tear me down and leave me feeling like nothing. I took back control. I wrote down my purpose, I typed up my personal story and then I challenged myself to read it every night before I went to sleep for an entire month!

My Personal Story or My Purpose is 1-3 paragraphs, or a whole page if you'd like! From experience, I find a paragraph or two easier to commit to. You need something quick and simple to read EVERY night. 

In my personal story I write who I am and who I want to be. I slip in those declaration statements along the way. Once you have written your personal story, have it handy on your phone or print it out and keep it by your bed. After your usual bedtime routine, conversations, and facebook.... read it and then go to sleep. There is something truly magical that happens. While you are asleep, your conscious mind rests and your subconscious mind keeps your heart beating and your lungs breathing. This is the best time to feed your mind.. because it cannot fight back. Those words you just read? They will sink in. They will slip into your subconscious mind, and they will become "common" knowledge. You will just know and believe these things.

On a side note, I often wonder what happens when we feed our mind with other things right before sleep? What to we read or watch on our tv or phones before we go to sleep? What impact is this having on our minds? Something to think about? 

For me personally, I notice a the difference in a few days. 

What do I put in my personal story?

Well, its personal! But I will share a few of my favorite items as my testimonial to you:

"I will have enough patience to teach Kaylee and Landen." - within a few days I noticed that I was calmer and well... more patient with them.

Towards my husband, "Together we are building a strong and loving eternal companionship. We are
two separate beings and we are both imperfect. I am here to do my part and to overcome my weaknesses and faults." - within a few days I stopped blaming him and I took responsibility for my actions. I also became more patient with him. After all, we are BOTH imperfect. 

"I am a creation of a perfect God, who does not make mistakes. He wants me to understand my individual worth. I am loved, I am important, and I am needed." - I became more forgiving of my physical appearance, as I came to know and believe this, I knew that I could not be flawed. He is perfect, he did not mess up when he created me. I acknowledged my importance in our family. I felt better about myself and I also noticed that my family needed me for more than what I was seeing.

"I am here to experience the joy that comes from raising children." - I was struggling with being a mom and I needed to feed my brain the idea that there is joy in the journey, and it became true!

"My Heavenly Father sent me here to learn patience and to become more understanding. My children help me to do this." - again with the patience because I struggle with it so much. With this one, I began to see my children in a more positive, helping way. They are still children and they make messes and test my patience, but I try to be grateful for the opportunities they give me.

"I have an abundance of money, enough to take care of my family and others." - money stretched farther and stayed around longer. I was shocked and amazed by this!

If this does not convince you... I don't know what will. All I can say is try it for yourself!

Option #2

Write down Your Purpose, or Your Personal Story. 1-3 Paragraphs or up to a full page. Read it consistently every night before you go to sleep. I noticed that if I read it, got in bed, checked facebook, had negative thoughts... it did not work as well. Make sure you read it just before going to sleep for best results. 

Bonus Tip #1- In my personal story I like to address all of the aspects of my life: My Relationships, with my husband, and children. My roles and abilities, as a mom, a wife, a business owner, a daughter of God, etc. My thoughts about myself, physically and otherwise, My challenges, struggles, goals, things I want to be better at. It becomes a pretty awesome story!

Did you write your new story on day two? Can you use this? Yes!

Bonus Tip #2- I have a short attention span, when I did my entire month challenge, I got a little bored. I decided to write another paper and alternate the two of them. Consistency is key so read the same paper for at least a week before rotating. I also edit and adjust as needed. I like to feed my brain what it needs, as I strengthen some areas, I add in other weaknesses.  Its okay to measure and adjust!

Let me know if you have any questions. Be sure to come back and write a testimonial in the comment section! I can't wait to hear your results!!!

2 comments:

a&nevans said...

This is fantastic! When I first started reading this one I thought "hey...I try to do that already..." but what I do is try to have a positive attitude. If I try to instill positivity in myself by lifting myself up first thing in the morning I can only imagine the difference that would make in my day! I'm excited to try this!

Unknown said...

I loved this exercise! So much fun to create what I want with positive affirmations!