Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Grocery Guru shopping AGAIN!


This time shopping with the Guru I knew what I was doing. I brought a long a few of my own coupons, and I didn't pick up the extra items that were part of his shop.

This week was shopping at Smith's. Buy 10 participating items and recieve $5.00 off instantly at checkout.

He always has you pick up bread, milk, and eggs, some vegetables, things I know  I can get cheaper else where or things I don't need at the moment.

I spent $23.01 on this shopping trip.


Kraft cheese was on sale for $1.67
Used 1 $1.00/1 coupon

.67 cents each!
 I had one of my own to use as well!


Toll house cookie dough was $2.49 -.50 at check out = 2.00
Used (2) .75/1 coupons and got them for $1.24 each


Rozoni pasta on sale .99 cents - .50= .49 cents a box!


Kraft BBQ was $1.04 -.50 = .54
Used (2) .40/1 coupons = .14 cents each!


Sobe 1 liters! on sale for $1.69, smaller ones were priced over $2.
-.50 each at check out
Used 1 $3.00/5 (3.00 off of purchase of 5)

.59 cents each. I love the Agave Lemonade. Never tried it before and delicious!


Okay so I ended up finding the coupons we used for this and went to Walmart later that week and price matched them. I kept two boxes and gave 4 boxes to a friend of mine.

These same sizes are $3.00 a box! I compare almost everything to Walmart because that is where I use to shop! 3.00 x 6 boxes = $18 I paid $4.98

These were on sale for $1.99 a box at Smith's -.50 each at check out = $1.49
Then used (2) $2.00/3 boxes which took an additonal .66 cents off

=.83 cents a box when you buy 6!
Extreme couponers never pay over a dollar for cereal. Keep that in mind!


I got four bags of Quaker snacks to add to my cereal for a total of 10 participating items.
Kevin didn't think we would like them because they are rice snacks. Now let me tell you, I've never personally tried rice cakes before, but Kevin has and he said these were very surprising!

Kaylee loves them! We got two caramel, and 2 cheddar. I would have price matched and got four more but Walmart didn't carry this size, and I didn't want to make a trip to Smiths.

I'm not sure what the deal was but I remember paying .54 cents a bag.


I personally asked the Guru for these coupons since they were a part of his display on tv, but he did not include them in the shop. He was running low on coupons for these and was kind enough to give me 5 coupons!
These were .99 cents -.50 at checkout = .49
I used (5) $1.00/2 bottles coupons

Made 10 bottles for FREE!


AND Lastly, I passed on the great deal on Freschetta pizza for $3.49, because I get free Digiorno and California Pizza Kitchen from my Hubby!

I printed off a coupon before the shop for $1.00 off one Boulder bag of chips.
These were $1.49 -.50 = .99
With coupon they were FREE!!

I needed one more item to make an even ten. You MUST have 10, you can have several groups of ten, as many as you want but you have to have ten in order to get the $5.00 off.

I got 10 Propels
6 cereals and 4 rice snacks =10
5 boxes of pasta a 5 bottles of Ragu sauce = 10
and 5 sobe drinks, 2 bottles of BBQ sauce, 2 cookie doughs, and the one bag of chips = 10

No comments: