Saturday, April 30, 2011

Shop of the Week - Week 17 - Walgreens

I've never been much of a Walgreens shopper but now I'm addicted!


First, they had a sale on Colgate toothpaste $2.79 and it was Buy 1 Get 1!
I had TWO $1.00 off coupons. I still had these because Colgate "Total" is a more pricey toothpaste. The sale just happened to include "Total"! The key to getting really cheap to free things is to use a coupon on the FREE item. You'll just have to check the stores coupon policy, but most stores will let you do it!

$2.79 (Buy 1 Get 1)
-1.00 off one Colgate Total
-1.00 off one Colgate Total (FREE one)
=.79 for both or .40 cents each!


I found Jergens Family Packs of soap at Winco for $2.44 normally $2.49 at Walgreens.
Walgreens had them on Sale for $1.99 with their in store coupon.
That makes them only 24 cents a bar.
 I found some clearance individual soap bars for .39 cents so this really is a great deal.

I bought 3 packages!


I got some candy for Drive Ins and movie nights for .39 cents each.
My dad has made Chewy Sweet Tarts a tradition for Drive In Movies. Might as well buy them cheap so I won't have to buy them full price later!

This was my first time trying out their Register Rewards program. Its free and you don't have to sign up for anything. When you buy a product that earns one it just prints out at the register. You can then use it on your next purchase.

Stayfree Maxi pads were on sale for 2.99 and  I had a $1.00 off coupon= $1.99
And then this product qualified for $3.00 in Register Rewards(RR)
I paid $1.99 and $3.00 printed out at the register.
= $1.01 Money Maker!

I did this twice because I had two coupons. You have to do two different transactions because they are the same product. If you had two coupons each for several different items you can do one of each item in one transaction and then the other one of each in another transaction. In this way you will earn all of your RRs.



Nexcare Bandages were on Sale for $2.99.
Attached were Rebate forms for $2.99
=FREE

Again I bought two just in two different transactions. (I needed two receipts to send in separately for the rebate) I actually had Kevin with me and we did ONE Stayfree Maxi and ONE Nexcare Bandage box in one Transaction and then I did the same transaction for me.

No comments: