Saturday, March 7, 2015

What I am Eating - February

We've had a great month:

Not so "Cheesy" Chicken Casserole
finished recipe
Click here for the recipe. 
I was honestly surprised at how "cheesy" this ended up being. It seems to have all the right components: Fat, oily, creamy, salt, orange color, mold. (thyme always tastes moldy to me) Some how this just works.

Paleo Stuffed Yellow Squash
squash recipe
Paleo Stuffed Yellow Squash. Click here for the recipe.
Kevin is not a fan of squash but he really enjoyed this meal. We finished off a bag of organic squash from Costco. We will definitely make this again.

Energy Bars
ingredients
Energy Bars Click here for the recipe. 
This quick and easy energy bar recipe is super easy and great to have on hand. I keep a container of these in my fridge. You can individually wrap them and they will be ready to grab on the way out the door. I bought my cranberries from Good Earth, they are sweetened with apple juice. I'm not sure if that is a better alternative to sugar, but I will say they add a zing that I love! 

April Update: I tried these with half raisins and half cranberries and they were just not the same. It did cut down on sugar content.

Raw Brownie Bites
bites
Raw Brownie Bites Click here for the recipe. 
These worked wonderfully for my chocolate craving. I could pop one out of my fridge at a moments notice. 

Blueberry Crisp
fresh out of the oven
Blueberry Crisp Click here for the recipe.
Simple and oh so yummy. 



No comments: