Monday, February 9, 2015

What I Am Eating - January

What I Am Eating

Amazing Paleo Banana Nut Muffins were a hit. Truly AMAZING!

I would love to have Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash more often but it took quite awhile. We ended up having it for lunch that day. It was well worth the wait.

For lunch I rely on leftovers from dinner. I've been having a couple salads, I stopped because when I tracked my calories I realized why salads are diet/weight-loss food. They have almost no calories!! This is no go as I'm fighting to stay over 100 lbs. I multi-tasked and made taco salads for Kevin and I for lunch and dinner for the family.


Dinners, I've been making more and more from Paleo Grubs! I cook local Koakanee sp? (Salmon), grass-fed ground beef recipes, chicken legs. I've bought a couple of packages of Bare Chicken tenders from Winco. They are $4.78 for less than a pound but so tender and delicious every time!

We made Spicy Pepper Chicken Stir Fry last night and it was really good. Next time I'll make some cauli-rice to go with it.


Since switching from the Elimination diet to Paleo.. I eat a lot of eggs. I've tried a lot of different eggs over the last six months. I've tried local, cage-free, brown from Smith's, Trader Joe's or Winco. Organic is so expensive, were talking $4+ a dozen and honestly you don't know what you are really getting with anything else. Cage-free can be in a pen, or a chicken that sometime in its life gets a little fresh air.

Since making the decision to buy a Costco membership, I have been very happy. I somehow didn't realize that their brown eggs are organic. Because they are, they definitely are more affordable in bulk. We may be going through two dozen every week-week and a half though...

I've stopped eating oats... which I now miss. I have had a few bowls of quiona, frozen organic blueberries or raspberries, and a scoop of almond butter. Yum!

For the past couple of months, I have not been able to get enough of almond butter, I have literally had it almost every single night. I fill a custard cup with 3 or 4 tablespoons, then I either eat it with sliced banana or Costco's pre-sliced organic apples. (My greatest convenience food!) This past week I made my own almond butter from scratch, so easy and so yummy. I used dry roasted almonds from Trader Joe's. Once my almonds sprout I will make butter and with them, which I hope will be good! Overall I am slowing down on almond butter, it has become boring, but not less yummy!

For breakfast mostly I make omelets, 3 eggs, organic spinach, uncured bacon, and homemade salsa. This got old after a week.

I tried pumpkin pancakes but they were not very good in my opinion. The texture was off and not like the banana oat ones I made during my elimination diet. Those could be eaten plain.

No comments: