Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This is what I'm doing to prepare for the baby...

So we all know about the "Nesting" instinct. I've been stressing and spending like crazy to get my house stocked up before our baby comes. I've been couponing for almost a year and with that time passing I've learned a lot! My newspaper subscribtion is about up and just in time for the arrival of a newborn.

Over the past couple weeks I've been finding deals on things we are running low on.
I bought Charmin toliet paper and a box of Huggies on Amazon, using the Subscribe and Save option. If you don't know about Amazon you are missing out. I love having things shipped to my door!

All you do is watch for deals and the Subscribe and Save option will take off an additional 15% and ship for free. If it is a baby item you get the sale discount, 15% off + an addtional 5% off. These deals are meant to be sent in regular, continuing shipments, all you have to do is wait until your item ships and then you can cancel it.


Amazon also has coupons you can clip. I got this box for $15! And UPS brought it to me. This is such an amazing deal to me.. We use to buy Kaylee boxes of Luvs diapers for $20. It just amazes me how much cheaper I can get things and how easy it is to get name brands. 

Smith's is currently doing an awesome P&G deal. Buy 4, Save $4. And if you go on their website and load at least 4 e-coupons onto your card, and share the deal via email with 4 friends, they will add a $4 off coupon onto your card. It comes off automatically on your purchase.

I was in desperate need of some more paper towels so I got two packages, 1 package of (2) D batteries (I needed for the baby's bouncer chair), and Liquid Tide boost.

I used $1.00/1 Bounty e-coupon, $0.25/1 Bounty P&G coupon,
$0.75/1 pkg of Duracell e-coupon, and a $2.00/1 Tide Stain Release coupon.
- $4 when you buy 4, and the addtional $4 coupon for sending an email. $12 in discounts!

 I also picked up some cute Christmas glasses for $0.32 each, Red tissue paper for $0.50, and a box of 25 LED tea lights for $3.75. All for $19.36!!

This week Target had a pretty good deal on Pull Ups.
Their value size boxes are priced at $25.99 and you get a $10 gift card when you buy 2.

I used (2) $2.00/1 pkg. coupons, and (1) $3.50/1 Target coupon AND (1) $3.50/1 mobile Target coupon. I love stacking coupons at Target! $25.99 + $25.99= $51.98 - $11 in coupons = $40.98 - $10 gift card = $30.98 or $15.49 a box! (Yes I got a box of boys Pull Ups,  I bought the last box of girls in the size I needed. Kaylee is totally excited about wearing "Cars.")

I bought 2 big boxes of Glad garbage bags as a gift card deal @ Target a couple weeks ago.

Nestle Boost was $4.75 - $3.00/1 coupon = $1.75 for a 6pk!! These are $7-9 at Walmart.

Harmon's case lot had Finish 60 ct boxes of gel packs for $27.96 (Case of 4). I used (4)$2.15/1 25ct or larger coupons. Which made it $19.36 for (4) 60 ct. boxes. We go through a ton of Finish Powerballs or Gel Packs. We usually run the dishwasher every other day or so. I was so excited to find this deal so I won't have to send Kevin out to buy Great Value soap in the upcoming months.

I've also been packing my shelves full with boxes of cereal. Lots and Lots of cereal.


Target's clearance online. I got a 2pk of Sleep N' Plays, and (2) pkgs of of 3 pk Onsies for $25. It made them around $3 each. Awesome deal and it includes $8.99 for shipping :(


Target's Clearance in Store. They had a big section, I love clearance!! I bought (2) 3 pk Sleep N' Plays, (Newborn and 0-3) $9.08 or $3 for each piece and (2) 2 pks of newborn pants.
$4.88 or $2.44 per pant. Right in my price range!


So Me and Kev had fun at Old Navy the other day. They are still currently having a 75% off winter Clearance sale and if you "like" them on Facebook you can print off 20% off one item coupons. These can be used on sale items! I printed one for me and one for Kevin. We bought Kaylee 2 coats, normally $44.94. We bought her a 2T for this year and a 3T for next year. 75% made them $11.23 and the coupon lowered them to $8.98 each!!

I bought us each a Groupon deal. $10 for $20 of Old Navy merchandise. We found some awesome deals on Clearance. Kevin found some shirts priced at $2-4, and a Sexy Henley for $6. I got a couple 3/4 length shirts for $3.12, a maternity shirt for $4, and I even found a really cute shirt for $0.97! We bought some $1 socks for Kaylee and baby boy, shorts for him, a pair of 4T girl pants for $4, Some clearance shirts for Kaylee and the best of all a pair of Capris (also 4T) for $0.47!!! We split them up and used the two Groupons to pay for them.


 And finally this is my *NEW* Christmas tree for next year. We have had a 6ft decent tree for the past 5 years! Each year I get it out it falls apart more and I always say it will be the last year for it. Shopko had it priced at $379.99 (I don't know how much its really worth) The day after Christmas it was marked down to $113.99 so I've been watching it ever since, seriously checking it every couple days. It got down to $76 (80% off) and there were only a couple left so I bought it! So excited for next year this is such a nice, big, bushy, lighted tree!

No comments: